Airbnb are making it harder and harder to download the high resolution photos taken by their professional photographer. As, despite the fact you paid for the service, the photos still belong to them under copyright.
However, if you still want to use those photos privately, here is a quick and easy guide to downloading high quality versions of your Airbnb photos.
- Go to your listing – either live or preview – and click on the photo you want to download.
- Next, right click and select ‘Open Image In New Tab’ from the menu. This will give you access to the original image.
- In order to make sure the image is at its maximum size, take a look at the end of the end of the URL. The standard size image URL looks like this ‘https://a0.muscache.com/im/pictures/9ac101b6-9e7b-4570-a135-46609475b1a3.jpg’. However, in order to access the maximum size, you will need to add ‘?aki_policy=xx_large’ to the end (this may already be there for some so ignore this step if so).
- The next steps will depend on the version of Airbnb you are using, as it changes depending on country/region. Some users will now be able to right click and select ‘Save Image As’ in order to download the photo as a JPEG. However, Airbnb have blocked this for some and only enable them to download the image as a .webp – which is no use to us. If you have this issue, go to step 5.
- Right click the image and select ‘Copy’. Then head to Google Drive and open up a new drawing. Before pasting the image, make sure you zoom out and enlarge the edit area to its max. Otherwise Drawings will reduce the image size to fit.
- Finally, paste in your image. You can now download it in high quality, hoorah!
If you have any issues, please leave us a comment below and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.